To fulfil your order, you must provide Blue Lily Magnolia with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide Blue Lily Magnolia with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example).
Why Your Information is Needed and How is it Used
Blue Lily Magnolia relies on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide services, such as when your information is needed to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for a mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of Blue Lily Magnolia's legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving the services. Blue Lily Magnolia uses your information to provide the services you requested and in its legitimate interest to improve the services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about Blue Lily Magnolia's customers is important to the business. The personal information is shared for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. Blue Lily Magnolia engages certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. These include (not exclusively) Royal Mail, Parcel Force, DHL and TNT. Your contact information will be shared with one of these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If Blue Lily Magnolia is sold or merged, your information may be disclosed as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. Blue Lily Magnolia may collect, use, retain, and share your information if it have a good faith and belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce Blue Lily Magnolia's agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of Blue Lily Magnolia's customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
Blue Lily Magnolia may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, your personal information may be transferred to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If data is deemed to be transferred about you outside of the EU, Blue Lily Magnolia relies on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. These rights are described below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information Blue Lily Magnolia holds about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict Blue Lily Magnolia's use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where data needs to be stored for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) Blue Lily Magnolia's processing of some of your information based on its legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from Blue Lily Magnolia after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, your personal information will be deleted unless there is compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about the use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Blue Lily Magnolia
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Vanessa Sharon Gilding, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at [email protected] Alternately, you may write to me at:
Vanessa S. Gilding, 83 Broad Lane, Stapeley, Nantwich CW5 7QL, United Kingdom
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Payment and Deposits Policy
For ready made items and items made to order to a listed design, payment is required with the order. I accept most credit cards and PayPal (via Paypal).
large custom-designs and custom-made orders including bespoke outfits, a deposit may be required to confirm your order with the balance payable upon completion of the work. The deposit amount varies with the order type and is between 10-50% of the total.
The deposit is used to purchase the raw materials needed for the item ordered, and is also used as payment to start the work. I understand that in some cases customers may want to change their mind or cancel an order. In these instances, I regret that if money and time has already been spent by the time the cancellation is made, the deposit is non-refundable. I recommend that you contact me as quickly as possible if you are thinking of cancelling a custom order, so that I can stop any expenses towards the work. In good faith, if I have not yet purchased raw materials, or started any work, I will reimburse the deposit. Likewise, if I have only purchased material and not started any work, I will reimburse part of the deposit, deducting my expenses.
Throughout the process I like to keep the customer updated with photos of work in progress, so should there be any concern, I would encourage the customer to let me know sooner rather than later.
Cancellations for Bespoke Accessories
For cancellations made up to 1week (7 calendar days) before the due completion date, the remaining balance will also be required, as by this time most of the work would be completed and most custom orders cannot be resold. For cancellations made 8-21 calendar days before the completion, 50% of the balance will be due. For cancellations made 22days and sooner, 25% of the balance will be required.
Cancellation for Bespoke Dresses
For cancellations made up to 1 calendar month (30 calendar days) before the due completion date (14 days before the event), the remaining balance will also be required, as by this time most of the work would be completed and most custom orders cannot be resold. For cancellations made more than 1 but less than 3 calendar months before the completion date, 50% of the balance will be due. For cancellations made more than 3 months before the due date, 25% of the balance will be required.
Fabric Sourcing Fee
Fabric sourcing fee for bespoke makes: I welcome my customers to source their own fabrics, but can also source samples and fabrics, at a cost of £30 for non-bridal and non specialist bespoke outfits and £50 for bridal and specialist bespoke couture. (Example of specialist bespoke work include use of higher end fabrics). This fee is used for searching and obtaining samples and is non-refundable. In the case of bridal bespoke couture, the sourcing fee is included in the total amount quoted, but requires payment upfront.
Returns & exchanges
I hope that you will be happy with your order and that your item is as you expect. Note that for items made to order, there are slight variations between products as everything is hand-made so will never be identical. I gladly accept returns for damaged or faulty items, exchanges for damaged or faulty items, and cancellations
Contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back within: 21 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
The following items can't be returned or exchanged:
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
- Custom or personalised orders (this includes bespoke outfits)
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)
- Items on sale
Ready-to-Go items and Items Made to Order (not made to measure) to a Listed Design:
If you are unhappy with your item, please let me know within 14 days that you wish to return it, and please return it unused and in its original condition within 21 days from delivery. A full refund of the original payment and postage will be provided upon receipt of the item. The sender is responsible for the return postage and providing proof of postage.
If your item is in anyway damaged when you receive it, please contact me within 14 days of receiving the item with photographic evidence and send me back the item within 21 days, so that I can pursue a claim with the courier. Please arrange for payment of the postage, ensuring you have proof of postage and receipt. Your original payment and postage, and return postage will be refunded upon receipt of the damaged item and a receipt for postage.
If your item is loss in the post, you will be offered the choice of a full refund of the item and postage, or a replacement item. Please note that for postage to outside of the UK may be significantly delayed at customs, and therefore may not be considered lost for several weeks.
This section is applicable for items that are totally custom-made to a final design not listed in the shop, or made to a listed design but in a colour and size (e.g. length, width) specified by you. This section also includes bespoke outfits - bridal and non-bridal. Custom-made items are unfortunately not refundable, unless they are received faulty or damaged. If this is the case, please contact me within 14 days of receiving the item with photographic evidence and send me back the item within 21 days, so that I can pursue a claim with the courier. The sender is responsible for the return postage, providing proof of postage and keeping a receipt for the postage refund. Your original payment and postage, and return postage will be refunded upon receipt of the damaged item and a receipt for postage.
For refunds of deposits, please refer to the Payment and Deposits Policy.
Processing Times and Dispatching Policy
Accessories: As all items are made to order or made to measure, a typical processing time of 3-5 days is required, unless otherwise specified in the product listing.
Your item will be delivered by Royal Mail or Parcel Force in the UK by second class recorded delivery, which is normally estimated to take 2-3 working days. For international deliveries, items are sent by tracked deliveries, through Royal Mail and your local postal services and generally are expected to take 5-10 working days (but up to 21 working days in some cases). When your item is dispatched, I will send you a dispatched confirmation, with a tracking number and the courier used.
Certain countries will require customs payment for receipt of the items. This is the responsibility of the buyer.
Bespoke outfits: The duration of the process will depend on the style, and the availability of fabrics. A detailed breakdown will be discussed during your consultation. Your dress / outfilt should normally be available at the latest 14 days before the event it is due for, unless notified otherwise. Bespoke outfits are normally for collection only. Should postage be required, the customer is responsible for payment of the postage fee, which will be invoiced.